One Day in Middle Earth
7 hours / Moderate
This one day tour includes the famous Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movie settings in QTN, Glenorchy, Arrowtown.
This tour travels deep into Middle Earth. We visit the Lord of the Rings film landscape that inspired Peter Jackson’s trilogy. Our local, knowledgeable guides bring the scenes to life, giving you a great New Zealand experience. The tour only runs with small groups and a tasty picnic for trolls and Hobbits.
Middle Earth Morning
To begin with, we travel to the lord of the rings film locations in the area around Queenstown. You will experience some of the amazing landscapes featured in the trilogy such as The Pillars of the King at Argonath . We also visit the Gladden fields & Ford of Bruinen. Our educated guides will tell you about each location so you will understand the way Middle Earth was created from the locations and let you act out famous scenes for your camera.
After lunch, we travel deeper into Middle Earth where we encounter Isengard and Amon Hen. We also view the Misty Mountains and Ithilien. The guides will tell Stories and secrets behind the filming.
In the World Heritage Park you will experience some of the world’s most beautiful scenery like the Mt Aspiring and NZ’s scenic highway. You will be able to take the most incredible photos.
- View the incredible landscape of an ancient beech forest, braided rivers & glacier valleys.
- New Zealand has unique flora and fauna and you can get close to the wildlife.
- Make your own adventure in the Gladden Fields, Ford of Bruinen and Argonath, Isengard, Amon Hen, the Misty Mountains and Ithilien in a single day.
- Photograph and handle $15000 worth of movie set
- See “Top Secret” things from the LOTR.
- Entertaining tour guides who will help you relive the scenes for your camera.
- Small group tour for a personal experience .
- Locations: Arrowtown and Kawarau River; Glenorchy and Paradise
- Daily departure: 10AM from outside The Station info building in Queenstown
- Tour duration: around 7 hours
- 1 hour lunch break in Queenstown with a picnic (included)
AM tour departs the Station at 10 am and returns at 5 pm.
- Only 1 free infant with each paying adult
- Child is aged between 8 and 15 years
- Infant participant is for age 7 and under
- Food & drinks
What do I need to bring?
A camera, walking shoes, water bottle, a jacket, sunglasses, and a smile
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled a day or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 7 days or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 25% if booking is cancelled 15 days or less before event